We guaranteed that you will know how to make the best baguette by the end of the course.
What you will learn in this course:
In this course you will learn how to make different yeast based dough for the production of bread including, baguelles, gluten free bread sourdough loaf and the traditional French baguette, .
For some of the bread that you will make you will be using sour dough. After this course you will look at bread in a different way, and when you will have tasted it… you will really think twice and choose carefully where you buy your bread from or just continue making it yourself.
Element performance criteria:
- Mixing (by hand and machine) and resting different doughs.
- Making sour dough.
- Making baguelles
- making gluten free bread .(The gluten free bread that you will make on the day will be made in a gluten environment, do not give it to a person that is coeliac or gluten intolerant.
- Making the traditional french baguette
- Making sourdough loaf.
- Shaping dough into: rolls, balls, loaf and mini rolls in assorted shapes.
- Proving techniques.
- Baking techniques (dry baking, steam baking).
These recipes and techniques are the basis of most breads and will give you the knowledge to create many variations from them.
Students will take home their products. (I hope you like bread!)
Recipe book and apron will be provided at the beginning of the course, for student to keep.
Prerequisites: No prerequisite for this course – open to public and trade.
Course Duration: 7.5 hours
Essential reading prior to attending: Safety Information
For more information on our courses: read About our Courses