All the care will be taken for you to enjoy a safe and fun training, but due to our liability insurance requirements we need you to read and understand the following terms and conditions in order for you to attend the training. Make sure you understand all of the content – you will be asked to sign the forms regarding this prior the start of your training. If you are under the age of 18 years, a parent or guardian will need to sign for you.
Safety guidelines for Sweet Artist Academy
(Prior to attending the training course make yourself familiar with these safety instructions)
Hello and welcome to Sweet Artist Academy.
In order to make your training safe and enjoyable we have to go through this safety program.
- We have three (3) different emergency exits in our training room:
- One is located in the dishwashing area next to the dining room.
- One is located through the store room.
- And the third one is the entrance from where you came in.
Make yourself familiar with those exits when you come in.
- The fire extinguishers and the fire blanket are located next to the stove.
- The emergency floor plan is located on the info board near the first aid box and next to every exit door.
- In case of an emergency that requires us to vacate the building – leave the building in an orderly manner using the exit closest to you; regroup outside in the car park near the assembly area; and wait there until further instructions. Do not leave until accounted for and do not go back inside until instructed by the marshal officer.
- The First Aid Kit is located near the entrance. As well as your normal first aid products, you will also find inside an Epipen – used for people with allergic reaction; and a ventiline puffer for asthma sufferers.
- Next to the First Aid Kit you will find a defibrillator used for cardiac arrest and an oxygen tank.
- In case of emergency, dial 000 and notify the lecturer in charge.
- If you feel tired or unwell during the training do not hesitate to get attention from the lecturer and take a break in the dining room.
- The dining room is on the left of the main training room. Inside you will find free hot and cold drinks and biscuits – please help yourself. Do not hesitate to have a drink during your training to keep yourself hydrated. If you need to organise your lunch, during recess ask us for a menu from nearby lunch bar to pre-order and organise the delivery of your food. (Please note there are no facilities for deliveries on Sunday.)
- Do not leave valuables in the locker compartment; and when you finish your training please leave the key in the key latch and keep the door open.
- When you exit the building be careful of moving vehicles in the carpark.
- If it is dark outside ask your lecturer to accompany you to your vehicle or we will give you a lift to the train station.
- If you have to wait for pick-up, wait inside the building.
- If you need to answer your phone during training, you are welcome to do so, but please use the dining room or the car park.
- This establishment is a non-smoking place. The smoking area is in the back of the building using the back door. Do not smoke near the gas cylinders.
- The use of video recorder devices is prohibited but you are welcome to take as many photos as you want.
- Walking in the kitchen with a hot pan, is very dangerous. Be aware of your surroundings and shout “hot” as you approach someone.
- Be careful of slippery floor when wet. If you notice a spill on the floor, please place the “Slippery Floor” sign on it and mention it to the lecturer.
- Do not walk or run in the kitchen with a knife. If you need to use your knife in a different location, wrap your knife in a towel before proceeding to a different place and hold it tip facing the ground.
- Do not run or rush in the kitchen, it is a dangerous environment.
- If you are unsure about using any equipment or knife, ask the lecturer to show you. He is here to train you.
Thank you for joining our training and, most of all, have fun and enjoy it!