Element performance criteria:
- Thorough explanation of the equipment needed.
- Overview on different types of sugars, different use of recipes, use of glucose, acid citric, Isomalt.
- How to cook your sugar using normal sugar and Isomalt.
- How to silk your sugar base for pulling and turning it into different shaped flowers.
- Pulling sugar and making, roses, tulips.
- Making of leaves to complement your display.
- Ribbon pulling.
- Make a base and shapes with poured sugar to display your finished product.
- Use of the aerograph to paint your flowers.
View a short video on this class. Click here
Be aware that thumb blisters can occur due to lack of practice. We cannot be liable for this injury. Your registration on this course indicates your agreement that you have been made aware of this problem and that we won’t accept liability for those injuries.
Students will take their finished products home with them.
Recipe book, apron and gloves will be provided at the beginning of the course, for student to keep.
Prerequisites: No prerequisite for this course – open to public and trade.
Course Duration: 7½ hours
Essential reading prior to attending: Safety Information
For more information on our courses: read About our Courses