What you will learn in this course:
Building and decorating a Christmas house, and a Christmas log.
As with all the other courses, the training will be hands on, each student will make a Christmas house and a Buche de Noel. The ingredients that we use will be of the best quality that we can find.
Element performance criteria:
- Make ginger bread dough.
- Making royal icing, white and coloured.
- Build and decorate a Christmas house.
- Make chocolate biscuit for the Buche de Noel (Christmas log).
- Make mousse and fruit jelly for the filling.
- Make chocolate frames for the decor
- Decorate the Christmas Log, using coloured glaze .
These recipes and techniques are the basis of many cakes and pastries. With them, you will be able to create a large array of different cakes and cookies..
Students will take home all their products. (Early Christmas treat!)
Prerequisites: No prerequisite for this course – open to public
Course Duration: 7hours
Essential reading prior to attending: Safety Information
For more information on our courses: read About our Courses
You might also be interested in our Christmas cake class, have a look at our video demonstration.
Click to view the Christmas cake class .