What you will learn in this course:
Choux pastry and all its forms.
In this course, students will discover the endless ways to easily transform choux pastry into many different cakes and desserts.
Element performance criteria:
- Prepare the choux mix.
- Pipe choux mix into different shapes (profiterole, éclair, logs, sheets.)
- Cook pastry cream.
- Make Chiboust cream for profiterole filling.
- Build a Croquembouche with toffee.
- Make strawberry cream for filling.
- Make a pistachio crumble topping for profiterole.
- Make spun sugar for décor.
- Lay out coloured chocolate to decorate profiteroles.
- Decorate remaining items using fondant and chocolate.
Click on the link to see a demonstration of this training. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n8-xQKQGQY
Students will take their finished products home with them.
Recipe book and apron will be provided at the beginning of the course, for students to keep.
Prerequisites: No prerequisite for this course – open to public and trade.
Course Duration: 7½ hours
Essential reading prior to attending: Safety Information
For more information on our courses: read About our Courses