Great initiation to chocolate – From nothing to a Willy Wonka – you will be hands on making pralines and assorted truffles. The beginning of a new addiction… and a great fun day.
Element performance criteria:
- Learn about the different types of chocolate.
- Chocolate tempering technique.
- Learn the main techniques in chocolate praline making;
- Make flavoured chocolate ganache for filling.
- Make praline filling.
- Make molded chocolate pralines.
- Hand chocolate coating .
- Use of air brush to spray colored cocoa butter.
Learn to make your own molded and painted chocolate high hill shoe.
Students will take home their products.
Recipe book and apron will be provided at the beginning of the course, for students to keep.
Prerequisites: No prerequisite for this course – open to public and trade.
Course Duration: 7½ hours
Essential reading prior to attending: Safety Information
For more information on our courses: read About our Courses
– Learnt so many different techniques. Learning to temper chocolate was so much easier than I expected.
Patrick is an awesome teacher, very thorough. “Margaret Ghilarducci.”