In this course you will make a Traditional Black Forest cake, a chocolate fudge cake, and a steamed cheesecake, all from scratch, and then decorate them with a range of chocolate garnishes and fruit topping.
Element performance criteria:
- Make and bake a chocolate fudge cake cake from scratch.
- Make a steamed cheesecake.
- Make a red velvet mud cake.
- Make a range of chocolate garnishes – rolls, scrolls, shavings, cigarettes.
- Masking cakes with ganache
- Make a chocolate ganache for your cake.
- Make a short crust dough for the cheesecake
- Make a chocolate sponge.
- Sour Cherries stew and more.
Be prepared for a long but rewarding day, wear good sport shoes.
This is always a popular course, so do not delay in booking!
See you soon for training.
View this short video to show you what a day of training involves. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuVB-YCvfbs
Students will take home their products.
Recipe book and apron will be provided at the beginning of the course, for students to keep.
Prerequisites: No prerequisite for this course – open to public and trade.
Course Duration: 7 hours (9 AM to 4 .00 PM) 30min lunch break.
Essential reading prior to attending: Safety Information
For more information on our courses: read About our Courses